Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This Year Is Sounding Better and Better...

Today Porcupine Tree revealed details about their upcoming new album. It'll be released this September. It's going to be 2 discs. The first disc will be one 55 minute long song while the second disc will be normal individual tracks. So with that...

- Dredg, my favorite band probably of all time at this point is releasing a CD in a couple months. (I'll be making a huge post with all the details of this release in a couple days.)

- ISIS, also one of my favorites, are releasing would could very well be their best release, and Panopticon is currently in my top 5 or 6 albums of all time, so you do the math.

- Between The Buried And Me are stated to record this May and have bluntly said "Colors ain't got shit on this." Need I say more here?

- and now Porcupine Tree, also a band in my top 10 along with these others have released this information today.

So basically this is looking to be the best year in music for me.

Now if TOOL weren't so damn busy with all their projects, and didn't only just start writing recently, they may have had a CD released this year too, but we can't count on that anymore. Envy, another one of my favorites is due for another FULL LENGTH (Note: Not EP or Split) and I hope they release one this year as well, but if not, i'm sure i'll be satisfied with what's coming...

...I wouldn't want my balls to explode or anything.

No comments: