Wednesday, November 24, 2010

#24 - Periphery | Periphery (Instrumental)


Yeah, I may seem like a dick for stating that the number 24 album of 2010 is strictly NOT the actual CD with the vocals. As much as I do believe Periphery's vocalist has a great singing voice, and I didn't hate his screaming, the incredible instrumentation on this CD totally gets blocked out when there are constant vocals.

There were several things I noticed on this record that I wouldn't have if they never had released the instrumental album. Plus, there are moments of this CD that are actually much heavier due to the fact that there are no vocals.

Anyways, this was an awesome CD to blast as loud as possible. Although I think it's slightly too long at times, I must say that "Racecar" is an unbelievably awesome track, especially that it's clocking in around 15 minutes. I hope their new stuff sounds more like that.

No comments: