Friday, November 27, 2009

500 Days of Summer


It wouldn't be surprising to say that I could relate to this movie, because this movie can easily relate to just about everybody. The movie's affective in the sense that the couple in the movie are realistic, and the things that happen are realistic, and it makes you dawn on the unfortunate realistic things that have happened in your past relationships. I'm not entirely sure if the film just made me more pessimistic and faithless than I already am, or if I should take optimism out of it. Will I ever find anyone again? Will it be worth it, considering the pain that will inevitably come out of it? These are questions that are constantly revolving in any lonely person's head, and this movie almost seems to answer them vaguely.

Despite 500 Days of Summer being rather humorous, it overall just really destroyed my emotions, and continues to push on the thoughts I've been having that nothing happens for a reason. The film also does an amazing job of metaphorically displaying how one feels in a relationship, if it's the highs or the lows. The soundtrack is very good due to the fact that there are multiple Regina Spektor songs in the mix. I also noticed an ISIS poster in the movie. Random but cool.

Last but not least: Zooey Deschanel is so outrageously cute here, I can't even.

2 comments:

Nebulad21 said...

I can't even either. With you.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved this movie. Just..incredible. I definitely agree about Zoey, as well.