Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What I've Been Listening To...


Circa Survive | Blue Sky Noise

This is technically the best Circa Survive album. I normally would be upset with a band dropping most of their atmosphere and 'spaceyness' but Circa Survive to a good job substituting more interesting song writing with the twinkly delay stuff. It helps the album be their most diverse. Anthony Green sounds incredible throughout, as well. Juturna will probably still be my overall favorite due to sentimental reasons. A full review coming...

Alcest | Écailles de lune

Possibly album of the year. A full review is coming for this as well...

Immanu El | Moen

Immanu El are becoming one of my favorite post-rock bands. I cannot seem to stop listening to this record. It's very short, but because of that I feel I return to it more than I would if it were another 10-15 minutes long. More people need to hear this band and this CD. Its' simplicity goes a long, long way.

Periphery | Periphery

The long awaited progressive metalcore band Periphery have finally finished their debut and it's quite impressive. Although I can't seem to listen to any metalcore album for more than three spins, despite the blatant Meshuggah worship, I will say that this is a band I'd recommend to metal heads over just about 90% of other bands in the genre.

----

What haven't I been listening to?

Pearl Jam.

No comments: