Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009


In 2009 I saw dredg twice. I saw Isis twice. I went to Disney, and hung out with one of my best friends in Florida for a week. I met new friends, and built a wiffle ball field in my dads backyard. I turned 21, made more money, and finally began band I've been dreaming of being in for years.

With all that, it's quite easy to say that for me 2009 was the worst year of my life and I can only hope that there isn't a worse overall 365 days for me to experience. I quite simply NEED 2010 to be better.

Throughout this year, due to several circumstances, I've learned a lot of things. A lot of unfortunate truths about life. This hopefully only helps me in the end. I learned that you can't trust the person you love, and that literally nothing happens for a reason. Even this passed week or so I am reminded that life fails to consider logic as one of its characteristics, and offer comfort to me in any sort of way. Things just happen and coincidentally, they're always negative toward me. Why should I be alone out of all of this? I wait and wait and wait for good things to happen yet I am consistently amazed at the misfortune I have. At this point I should just be used to it.

Lately, if I am to consider myself happy, it's because at that moment in time, I just don't care about anything. That's my happiness now. Not caring. This needs to change. Speaking of change...

The biggest thing I learned this year is to except change. I've changed, my life has changed, and things will never be the way they were, and I'm sure this won't be the first time I experience and go through drastic changes like this in my lifetime. At this point and time though, I am certain my perspective on life will not change, and that I'll remain faithless, hopeless, and be perpetually filled with fear.

Luckily, I can transfer all the negativity into acknowledgment and let this further build my character as a strong human being. That is one good thing to come out 2009. Growth.

So here is to looking forward and knowing that time will heal things. Here is to better luck, and better health to everyone. Here is to finding comfort, stability, and happiness. Here is to a new upcoming decade.

Here is to 2010.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chuck said...

you can't trust anyone, but you have to trust them anyway. sending good thoughts your way,
chuck

Chris said...

Thanks, Chuck. :)

Kat said...

Glad 2009 has been a period of growth for you! We all have those moments where things sucks, great to see someone looking at the bright side.