Monday, December 13, 2010

#12 - Intronaut | Valley of Smoke


Valley of Smoke is one of the bigger grower albums of the year for me. It started off as a inferior album to Prehistoricisms and each time I put it on I fell more in love with the bands progression.

Intronaut have basically written an album right up my alley. It's heavy, progressive, and not only atmospheric but SPACEY.

The drumming and bass guitar is better than ever and the duo continues to be some of the best in the genre. A lot of the rhythms on this album are reminiscent of Cynic and that's a very, very good thing.

The addition of clean vocals also works very well. This is an addicting album that I'm glad I let sink in. Truly awesome musicianship and song writing from Intronaut here.

2 comments:

thewolfisloose said...

Great choice clouds, with a few more plays this would have been in my top ten! I wrote mine here if you want to read.

http://endlessnameless-thewolfisloose.blogspot.com/

Looking forwards to seeing your top ten :)

Chris said...

Thanks! Good stuff :) One of your top 10 is in my top 10!